If you’re having trouble linking an external account:
- Confirm that you’re linking to the correct institution. Make sure the web address listed in the search box is the same address you use to log in to your institution directly. You can verify this by clicking the URL in the dropdown menu or directly entering the URL into the search box:
- Make sure you’re using the correct user name and password. You can verify this by logging in to your institution directly on their website. Once you’ve confirmed you can log in to your institution, return to Wealthfront and enter that same login information.
- Make sure your browser or password manager is not pre-filling your login credentials. Please make sure to clear them out, and enter your linked account credentials manually.
- Check to see if you have a follow-up linking action. Some institutions require more than just a username and password when logging in (e.g., security questions, a PIN, etc.). If any of your links require additional steps from you, you’ll see a red dot on the “Accounts” menu in the top navigation bar. To complete your link, go to your linked accounts page and follow the prompts.
If you’ve tried all of the above and still can’t link your account, you can contact our Client Services team. Please leave the account on your list of linked accounts – this helps our team troubleshoot the issue further.
When you contact us, please include the following in your email:
- What is the URL you use to login to your bank or brokerage?
- What types of account(s) do you have at your bank or brokerage (e.g. 401K, IRA, etc)?
- If the issue is that incorrect values are showing for your account(s), please specify the account values you expect to show.
- What type of multi-factor authentication (security pin, etc.) is used to connect to your bank or brokerage?
This communication has been prepared solely for informational purposes only. Nothing in this communication should be construed as an offer, recommendation, or solicitation to buy or sell any security or a financial product. Any links provided to other server sites are offered as a matter of convenience and are not intended to imply that Wealthfront or its affiliates endorses, sponsors, promotes and/or is affiliated with the owners of or participants in those sites, or endorses any information contained on those sites, unless expressly stated otherwise.
Wealthfront offers a free software-based financial advice engine that delivers automated financial planning tools to help users achieve better outcomes. Investment management and advisory services are provided by Wealthfront Advisers LLC, an SEC registered investment adviser, and brokerage related products are provided by Wealthfront Brokerage LLC, a member of FINRA/SIPC.
Wealthfront, Wealthfront Advisers and Wealthfront Brokerage are wholly owned subsidiaries of Wealthfront Corporation.
© 2020 Wealthfront Corporation. All rights reserved.