What information impacts my financial aid estimate?
Wealthfront estimates financial aid using the same set of information that schools use. We consider a holistic picture of your projected financial life by the time your child attends college, including your retirement plans, which can affect your income and account balances in the future.
Specifically, our financial aid estimate considers:
- School-specific data on financial aid and whether the school uses the FAFSA method or an institutional method .
- Projected balances on your Wealthfront and linked accounts. Those projections will depend on your current balances, current positions, planned savings (for all goals), and market return assumptions.
- Projected income for you and your spouse (if applicable) by the time your child attends college. This projection helps determine your expected contribution to your child’s college costs, and depends on your planned retirement age and your current income.
- The ages of you and your spouse (if applicable) by the time your child attends college.
- The ages of your other children by the time your child attends college, in case multiple children are expected to attend college at the same time.
This communication has been prepared solely for informational purposes only. Nothing in this communication should be construed as an offer, recommendation, or solicitation to buy or sell any security or a financial product. Any links provided to other server sites are offered as a matter of convenience and are not intended to imply that Wealthfront or its affiliates endorses, sponsors, promotes and/or is affiliated with the owners of or participants in those sites, or endorses any information contained on those sites, unless expressly stated otherwise.
Wealthfront offers a free software-based financial advice engine that delivers automated financial planning tools to help users achieve better outcomes. Investment management and advisory services are provided by Wealthfront Advisers LLC, an SEC registered investment adviser, and brokerage related products are provided by Wealthfront Brokerage LLC, a member of FINRA/SIPC.
Wealthfront, Wealthfront Advisers and Wealthfront Brokerage are wholly owned subsidiaries of Wealthfront Corporation.
© 2020 Wealthfront Corporation. All rights reserved.
Comments are moderated prior to publication
Still need help?
Our support team has your back.Contact us