How do I change the tax year for an IRA Contribution?

When you schedule an IRA deposit between January 1st and the tax deadline (typically April 15th), our website will give you an option to specify the tax year for your contribution.

If you made the contribution already but realize that it's attributed to the incorrect year, you can update this through our full website (not currently available on our mobile app).

To do this, log into our website and click into your account page. On the right side of the page, click the link that says "Change the tax year for a deposit."



Note: This is only available for Traditional and Roth IRAs, not for SEP IRAs. Learn more. 

Was this article helpful?

Wealthfront prepared this article for informational purposes and not as an offer, recommendation, or solicitation to buy or sell any security. Wealthfront and its affiliates may rely on information from various sources we believe to be reliable (including clients and other third parties), but cannot guarantee its accuracy or completeness. See our Full Disclosure for more important information.

Wealthfront and its affiliates do not provide tax advice and investors are encouraged to consult with their personal tax advisor. Financial advisory and planning services are only provided to investors who become clients by way of a written agreement. All investing involves risk, including the possible loss of money you invest. Past performance does not guarantee future performance.