We currently offer four funding methods, which must originate from a U.S.-based financial institution.
For Cash Accounts, our account minimum is only $1. For investment accounts, our account minimum is $500 which allows us to provide an optimized allocation across seven or eight asset classes depending on whether it is a taxable or retirement account. The account minimum is $100,000 to take advantage of our Stock-level Tax-Loss Harvesting.
- Deposit Cash (ACH bank transfers): This option lets you move funds directly between a checking or savings account and your Wealthfront account. Once you link your bank account electronically or by identifying two very small deposits that we send to the desired account, we transfer your money electronically and allow you to make additional deposits at any time. In most cases, bank transfers will be deposited into your Wealthfront account within two to three business days.
- Once you have linked a bank account to your Wealthfront account, you will also be able to schedule recurring deposits repeating weekly, biweekly (1st & 15th), or monthly. You can use our repeating deposit feature to set up daily deposits into your Wealthfront account, but we do not recommend it. As a long term investment service, we are not designed for daily cash flows. If you are interested in dollar cost averaging, a weekly, monthly or quarterly deposit is more appropriate.
- Transfer / Rollover: For more information on transferring an account electronically, click here. Fore more information on "rolling over" a 401k or other employer-sponsored plan, click here.
- Wire Transfer: To obtain the instructions, please log into your dashboard and click Transfer funds => Put money in => Use Same-day wire. All wire transfers must come from an account where you are listed as an owner. We cannot accept wire transfers from a third party (i.e. title company). We do not charge any fees for incoming wire transfers.
- Check (529 accounts only): For 529 college savings plans, you can also fund via checks. This is a common option for funding for family and friends who want to give checks as a gift. Please note that we have a $100 minimum for add on deposits and the initial funding amount is $500.
This communication has been prepared solely for informational purposes only. Nothing in this communication should be construed as an offer, recommendation, or solicitation to buy or sell any security or a financial product. Any links provided to other server sites are offered as a matter of convenience and are not intended to imply that Wealthfront or its affiliates endorses, sponsors, promotes and/or is affiliated with the owners of or participants in those sites, or endorses any information contained on those sites, unless expressly stated otherwise.
Wealthfront offers a free software-based financial advice engine that delivers automated financial planning tools to help users achieve better outcomes. Investment management and advisory services are provided by Wealthfront Advisers LLC, an SEC registered investment adviser, and brokerage related products are provided by Wealthfront Brokerage LLC, a member of FINRA/SIPC.
Wealthfront, Wealthfront Advisers and Wealthfront Brokerage are wholly owned subsidiaries of Wealthfront Corporation.
© 2020 Wealthfront Corporation. All rights reserved.
The Wealthfront 529 College Savings Plan ("the Plan") is sponsored by the State of Nevada, acting through the Board of Trustees of the College Savings Plans of Nevada, and administered by the State Treasurer's Office. Ascensus Broker Dealer Services, Inc. serves as Program Manager.