Below is a short summary of what to expect for tax season over the coming months:
- When will my tax documents be available? For any taxable accounts or IRAs with withdrawals, the first tax documents will post around February 15th. Why February 15th?
You can access them by clicking the "Documents" link on the top of the website once you log in, and we will email you when the documents are available. To learn the timing of other tax documents, get more detail here.
- Which tax documents should I be expecting? You should expect the following:
- For any taxable accounts, trust accounts, or joint accounts with dividends or realized gains/losses we’ll post a Consolidated 1099.
- For any IRAs (Traditional, Roth, or SEP) with any distributions/withdrawals, we’ll post a 1099-R.
- For any IRAs with contributions/deposits, we'll post a form 5498 (this won't be available until late May because you can contribute to an IRA through mid-April). More about Form 5498 here.
- For any 529 account with distributions/withdrawals we’ll post a 1099-Q.
You should expect an email when your first tax documents are ready around February 15th.
Wealthfront prepared this article for informational purposes and not as an offer, recommendation, or solicitation to buy or sell any security. Wealthfront and its affiliates may rely on information from various sources we believe to be reliable (including clients and other third parties), but cannot guarantee its accuracy or completeness. See our Full Disclosure for more important information.
Wealthfront and its affiliates do not provide tax advice and investors are encouraged to consult with their personal tax advisor. Financial advisory and planning services are only provided to investors who become clients by way of a written agreement. All investing involves risk, including the possible loss of money you invest. Past performance does not guarantee future performance.
TurboTax and TurboTax Online are registered trademarks and/or service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries. Wealthfront Inc. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated with TurboTax, Intuit Inc, or its subsidiaries.