Below is a short summary of what to expect for tax season over the coming months:
- When will my tax documents be available? For any taxable investment accounts, the tax documents will post around February 15th. Why February 15th? For cash accounts and IRA withdrawals you will receive the tax documents by January 31st. You can access them by clicking the "Documents" link on the top of the website once you log in, and we will email you when the documents are available. To learn the timing of other tax documents, get more detail here.
- Which tax documents should I be expecting? You should expect the following:
- For any taxable investment accounts with dividends or realized gains/losses, we’ll post a Consolidated 1099.
- For cash accounts that generate more than $10 of interest, we'll post a tax form 1099.
- For any IRAs (Traditional, Roth, or SEP) with any distributions/withdrawals, we’ll post a 1099-R.
- For any IRAs with contributions/deposits, we'll post a form 5498 (this won't be available until late May because you can contribute to an IRA through mid-April). More about Form 5498 here.
- For any 529 account with distributions/withdrawals we’ll post a 1099-Q.
You should expect an email when your first tax documents are ready around February 15th.
This communication has been prepared solely for informational purposes only. Nothing in this communication should be construed as an offer, recommendation, or solicitation to buy or sell any security or a financial product. Any links provided to other server sites are offered as a matter of convenience and are not intended to imply that Wealthfront or its affiliates endorses, sponsors, promotes and/or is affiliated with the owners of or participants in those sites, or endorses any information contained on those sites, unless expressly stated otherwise.
Wealthfront offers a free software-based financial advice engine that delivers automated financial planning tools to help users achieve better outcomes. Investment management and advisory services are provided by Wealthfront Advisers LLC, an SEC registered investment adviser, and brokerage related products are provided by Wealthfront Brokerage LLC, a member of FINRA/SIPC.
Wealthfront, Wealthfront Advisers and Wealthfront Brokerage are wholly owned subsidiaries of Wealthfront Corporation.
© 2020 Wealthfront Corporation. All rights reserved.
TurboTax and TurboTax Online are registered trademarks and/or service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries. Wealthfront Inc. and its subsidiaries are not affiliated with TurboTax, Intuit Inc, or its subsidiaries.